Clear Insurance Management Ltd, our insurance partner, have extensive expertise in the property sector and access to a wide range of insurers which includes a dedicated scheme for NetRent landlords.
Read their guide below to find out more about Buildings and Contents insurance for landlords. To arrange a free insurance review with Clear please click here
Buildings insurance for landlords
Landlord buildings insurance is designed to cover the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property, which can also often cover garages, sheds and fences as well as the cost of replacing ‘structural’ items such as pipes, drains and cables.
Buildings insurance should cover the full rebuild cost of the property, so that you are not ‘underinsured’ if you have to make a claim.
Buildings insurance will usually cover loss or damage caused by:
- fire, explosion, storms, floods, earthquakes
- theft, attempted theft and vandalism
- frozen and burst pipes
- fallen trees, lampposts, aerials or satellite dishes
- vehicle or aircraft collisions.
For more information on how Clear Insurance Management Ltd can help you with Buildings insurance, or to get a free review of your landlord insurance needs please click here
Contents insurance for landlords
Landlord contents insurance can cover the costs of repair or replacement of furniture that you provide in furnished rental properties. Contents are usually defined as any free-standing items within the property, such as white goods like washing machines, fridges, freezers and dishwashers as well as beds, sofas, chairs and tables.
Although landlords are often required to get buildings insurance, there is no obligation to buy contents insurance. However, if you are renting out a furnished property then contents insurance should be a consideration to help protect you financially if any of the items are damaged. Some of the most common reasons why furnishings and white goods are damaged in rental properties include:
- Escape of water
- Storm damage
- Accidental damage
The damage caused to contents can be very expensive, so having contents insurance in place can provide peace of mind to landlords that costs associated with repairing or replacing items are covered.
Get a FREE landlord insurance consultation
If your landlord insurance is up for renewal soon, or if you would just like to find out more about the cover provided by CLEAR Insurance Group, contact them today to get a free consultation.
CLEAR Insurance Group have extensive expertise in the property sector and access to a wide range of insurers to help NetRent landlords.
To arrange a free insurance consultation please click here
Cover features include:
- Wider Cover including subsidence and contents.
- Low excess levels starting at £100 (£1,000 for subsidence).
- Inflation proofing via index linking or “Day one” increases.
- Loss of rental income at 30% based on 36 month indemnity period. (Other limits are available)
- Property owners’ liability cover at £5M (Option for increase to £10M is available).
- Theft and malicious damage by tenants
- Accidental Damage cover
- Including cover for illegal cultivation of drugs (Dependent on Insurer)
- Flexible approach to temporary un-occupancy between 60 and 90 days.
- All tenant and property types accepted.
Clear Insurance Management Limited is an independent insurance broker which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Registered number 307982. Registered office: 1 Great Tower Street, London. EC3R 5AA.